Bad Timing

I have a running streak of 3 injuries in 2 months! Let me tell you the story,

August-Broken Toe
September-Forearm Hematoma + some microfractures :sweat_smile:
October (now)- A fractured sternum. (The bone that connects your ribs together in the middle.)

Due to this fracture, I am unable to move my shoulders easily and was wondering if anyone has suggestions on activities, I might be able to do, because I cannot easily use a mouse. If you got any show recommendations, activities, etc, please let me know!

1 Like

That sounds painful! Sorry for the string of bad luck. Hopefully you can recover quickly. But as for activities, I have a bunch of switches that need to be lubed. Iā€™ll send them your way. Thanks in advance!

In seriousness, what kind of shows do you like to watch and what have you seen? Also, if you game but canā€™t use a mouse, there are games that work great with a controller as well. Keep us posted. Hoping you mend quickly!

1 Like

Appreciate the kind words! I usually like shows with a lot of plot twists, cliff hangers, and overall uncertainness, it always makes we want to come back for more. Controller is a great Idea, I feel kinda stupid I didnā€™t think of that one. :joy: Maybe itā€™s time to get back into breath of the wildā€¦

If you send those switches, you might be missing some, they might accidentally slip into my pockets and be saved for laterā€¦ :open_mouth:

1 Like

yeah like already stsated plenty o games controller works pretty great on vs mouse and keyboard. i were talking about activities that dont involve like any movement at all pick an album sit outside and just listen. Iā€™m an audio nerd and its the hobby I spent the most money on. and let me tell you you dont have to spend much these days to get an awesome audio setup just put on some nice headphones and listen. other than that learn to cook some slower recipes to make just try to ind something that doesnt require you to mix often

3 Likes

Donā€™t know if you have watched Westworld yet on HBO, but itā€™s right up your alley with the twists. Breaking Bad is always a good one if you havenā€™t seen it already.

I also agree with @rice on the album front. Itā€™s a hobby I picked up during the pandemic. There is something about putting a record one, listening as the artist intended, and knowing when it needs to flip as it finishes a side. Becomes a much more intentional endeavor.

If you have seen the shows suggested I will try to think up some other ones.

2 Likes

Dang @SwaggyAlpaca you have had an injury filled year, I really hope you get well soon! You could catch up on the new Game of Thrones series House of Dragons and the new Lord of the Rings: The Ring of Power. Bingeing different shows is exactly what I do when I am not able to move my shoulder because of my arthritis. Other shows I would recommend would be The Nevers, His Dark Materials, Last Kingdom, Vikings, if you are looking for a comedy to change it up from those kinda shows my go to right now is Impractical Jokers, or once in a while The Carbonaro Effect but those are my ā€œIā€™m board and donā€™t want to watch a long serious show right nowā€ shows

1 Like

Thanks all, I will be sure to watch these shows, and listen to some music. I have a 9 hour car ride today, and because I canā€™t drive, Iā€™ll probably take up some of your recommendations.

2 Likes

anyone else recently fracture there fifth metatarsal but canā€™t use crutches like the docter said because your sternum is still fractured from 3 weeks ago? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Dude, you get hurt more than anyone else I know haha.

You doing alright? I hope for you to have a speedy recovery

3 Likes

i can list more if youā€™d like.
i tore my tendons and ligaments in my left foot in 2020 and broke it in 5 places. wore a cast for 6 weeks, and a surgical boot for another 5 months. it still hurts to this day lol. i had to wear crutches for 3 months :weary:
i broke my fingers (left hand middle and ring finger) from falling with my weight in themā€¦ letā€™s see i sprained my ankles 3 times, i fractured my elbow, and some other stuff i forgot. (past 5 years)

2 Likes

3 Likes

Yup you are injured prone haha

1 Like

my halloween costume one year was bubble wrap.

3 Likes

HahašŸ¤£

2 Likes

man! how have you gotten these injuries? heal up. Idk if you have watched Ozark, El chapo, breaking bad. Idk what you are into. HEal up soon SwaggyAlpaca!

2 Likes