Unplugging GMMK 2, GMMK Pro, or any other Keyboard

I know this is a noob question but I would rather be safe then sorry. Is it ok to unplug my GMMK 2 from the computer or the back of the keyboard when the computer and keyboard are running?

2 Likes

I do this all the time…not sure if it’s good or bad never thought about it but I’ve never had any problems

2 Likes

Yeah, nothing wrong with that. Plug n Play BB

2 Likes

That is exactly what I thought @Pseudo thanks for giving me peace of mind

4 Likes

Yes, all USB ports are hot-swappable, just like your display cables.

2 Likes

I was unplugging my GMMK 2 so I could add some new Spaced Themed Keycaps that I just got in today. It went smoothly :grinning:

5 Likes

Now that I own a few different Keyboards (and have a few more in GB) the answer to this question I asked at the beginning of my journey seems so silly and something I should have probably automatically know lol

I’m glad I asked it and that the answer is here for anyone new to Mechanical Keyboards to see so they have the peace of mind the first time they go unplugging their board to do whatever it may be that they need to do like change Switches or Keycaps because I know it gave me peace of mind knowing for sure I wasn’t going to hurt my Keyboards when unplugging them

So for anyone new and worried about unplugging you board while your PC is on there is no need, it’s Plug and Play and A O.K :ok_hand:t2:

3 Likes