Show off your GMMK2 Builds

Lets all show our curent GMMK 2 setups:
I will start: GMMK 2 Black stock.
I forgot how much I like a 96% board. The new Fox switches are very smooth and the sound is good for a stock board.

21 Likes

Black 65% GMMK 2
GMK Red Samurai Keycaps
Only thing I did to the keyboard was clip the stabs

19 Likes

Black 96% GMMK 2 Barebones.
Lubed and Bandaid modded Durock V2 screw in stabs (Which were incredibly difficult to fit through the top plate, I had to shave off some of the corners and it still took a lot of force and finagling).
Durock shrimp switches with 75g long springs swapped in, springs were bag lubed with Krytox 105.
EnjoyPBT Sushi keycaps.

19 Likes

Gat milky yellow switches while I hand lube the foxes. Only needed to clip+relube plate stabs and board sounds really nice!

Edit March 30th
Foxes hand lubed and that typing test at the bottom of post

Typing test with milky gat yellows (will ultimately put the GSV2 stabs on and might do other mods, but I like how it sounds factory)

Finally finished hand lubing the foxes, same typing test with them

Now I just need the GSV2 stabs to be in stock so I can purchase them!

Thoughts…
The fox reds sound close to the milky yellows, but maybe a tad more clacky. To be expected with the housing, but impressively less so than other clear housing switches I have. The foxes feel smoother, and obviously brighter with the crystal clear housing.

13 Likes

Are those AKKO keycaps right there?

2 Likes

Yes, they are the AKKO Black & Silver set ASA profile.

2 Likes

GMMK2 96% White Barebones + Pandas, Celestial Fire.

Like it so far! Got to get used to the arrow key placement though, keep hitting the wrong things.

12 Likes

Those keycaps. So hot right now.

Great looking board. And I hear you on the arrow keys. I’m used to them being the last keys on the bottom right.

3 Likes

This looks so cool! I hadn’t yet seen the celestials on a GMMK 2 but wow :star_struck:

3 Likes

65% with the stock keycaps and new Fox Linears. I’ve gamed on it a few times and really enjoy! No rattles from the stabs and the switches feel great. It’s quieter than the GMMK Compact I replaced.

16 Likes

This is my new favorite board! Modified my Black 96%:
installed the following:
KBDfans Dyboox Screw-in Stabilizers: Clear
KBDfans Switch Pads
Lubed Kailh Box JellyFish Master Series Switches
Glorious GPBT Keycaps: Artic White
Photos:

17 Likes

Nice! Love it, and did the switch pads make a big difference and how? I have enough to do it myself, but removing them if not liked, is worse than installing them.

3 Likes

I see some Schiit in that picture, what are you driving with that Asgard?

4 Likes

*non-audio person quickly googles “schiit” * :joy:

10 Likes

GMMK 2 Compact:

Durock V2 Stabilizers, Glorious Panda Switches (lubed with Krytox 205 g0), GPBT Celestial Fire. I wanted to do an all Glorious build, it’s a shame I couldn’t get the GSV2 in time!

The quality is getting better and better! The Model O Wireless I use for gaming is immaculate, the Model D Wireless that I bring to the office is great! The compact GMMK are giving me tons of satisfaction and the upgrade here is clear.

I’m looking forward to change my GMMK Pro build but I wonder if something is on the horizon…my idea is to put some clicky switches and mod the plate. I would like to have some flex cuts on it, I know the board won’t flex a lot but a bit less stiffness wouldn’t be bad. An FR4 option could work as well even though I am addicted to the brass golden colour shining through my keycaps :smiley:

6 Likes

Oh there’s definitely some Schiit…. Lol I have a pair of HD660s right now.

4 Likes

Looks great! Love mine too and have added it to my keyboard rotation :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Not bad at all

15 Likes

Letter keys have Glorious Panda switches, rest of the keys are Red Fox switches.

Akko Dracula keycap set. Spooky how good the keyboard is :wink:

13 Likes

There are some beautiful builds popping up here! Must resist buying more stuff… I already have more keyboards than I need

3 Likes