COMPLETED- Model D PRO

Will the mode D pro be coming back on the glorious site or was it a one time forge thing bc I unfortunately missed out on the original run and would love to pick one up for my setup.

Hey @Ghostrider - I moved your question here because I figured some other members might have the same question and it’d get more visibility here. Right now there are no confirmed plans to bring it back, however if things change in the future I’ll be sure to post an update here and tag Guild members to make sure you all know!

What I don’t understand is… you guys make tons of mice. That’s literally what you do for a living, why is this particular mouse so difficult to release?

I didn’t see a single insult in the post above yours. I see a frustrated customer that has endured multiple push backs on a delivery date for a pre-ordered product. I am in the same boat, as this is the third delay on this mouse. From a customer standpoint, I’m starting to lose faith and trust in a company that I’ve put my money into. I am also being patient with the process so that they come out to a great QA standard, but at some point they need to deliver something within a reasonable time frame. We’re now getting an estimated shipping date 5 months past the date provided originally. At this point, am I confident that the mouse will ship in April? I’m not going to hold my breath.

1 Like

I always find the double standard nature of this particular conversation amusing.
I see this all the time with product releases, group buys, and game launches. People get impatient and start the “we want the thing, give us the thing”. Then whatever the item in question is gets rushed, and suddenly its “the thing is bad, why did you give us the thing”

Glorious is at the bare minimum, trying to maintain some degree of transparency in regards to issues. An update has been pushed on nearly a monthly basis, since August.
I do agree that the setbacks are frustrating, but this is the nature of pre-ordering and group buys.

1 Like

Just wanted to cross-post and let D PRO customers know there’s an update posted here: Updates on Model O 2, Model I 2, and Model D PRO

2 Likes

Hello,
I wanted to ask about the Model D Pro wireless mouse. Is there any chance I can still order one? It only allows me to get notified about the product, so I wonder if the ability to buy it has passed? Or I just can’t buy it yet?

Lmk and ty for the help!

I believe it was a forge product so you won’t be able to buy it unless they do another run. Also some micro centers have been picking up some of the forge products so if there’s a micro center near you there’s a chance they’ll have a few copies when it comes out.

You may be able to buy it off from an authorized vendor. Link to check Glorious’ authorized vendors: Glorious Gaming - The Glorious Distributors

I’m from Canada so I have Canada Computers. Been to one like a few months ago, seen a couple of pink Model Os along with Model O Pro and Series One Pro. - Just fyi, they do not ship outside of Canada

Definitely call the shop if you plan to visit one or check their website to see if it’s in stock (if the vendor is an actual storefront you can walk into).

Hey there @FreaKill1999 :slight_smile: I moved your question here as this thread is where you’ll get the best updates about the Model D PRO right now. As @jzaine7 mentioned, we are no longer selling the MDPRO through our site, but like @hmmm said you may be able to find some in store at our Authorized Retailers. We’ll make sure to update all our forum/Guild members if we do start another run of these mice.

Hi, I was wondering if there were any updates on the model d pro? Would the shipping estimate still be for the end of March?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

I don’t really see a double standard here at all. I provided currency to receive a product that I was told would be delivered in November. In November there was an update saying the product would be pushed to December/January. In December we were told February. The next update was March, which gives no time frame. Unless I missed some emails, that isn’t monthly communication. When a company continually misses deadlines, especially when the product was paid for in advance, this will create tension with buyers.

I don’t think people trying to hold a company accountable is a bad thing. Nothing in this thread has been out of line IMO, just valid criticism of being strung along. This also raises the expectations when the product releases. The expectation becomes “If I waited this long, the product should be near perfect when it finally ships.”, which can cause resentment towards a company if they don’t live up to that expectation after all the delays.

8 Likes

Agreed 100%.

I expect communication around the delay, it’s the least that can be done at this point. Here we are on the last day of March (current expected ship date says Feb-March) and the product has yet to be shipped, and no updates.

Please do better.

2 Likes

Still waiting for this long after its been pushback for how long there is no email or news and it is now april 2nd and if the quality is horrible what can we do there is no communication about how the production stat is doing

2 Likes

Absolutely, this is ridiculous. I expect this kind of production delay and lack of comms from Optimus, not Glorious. There needs to be a “go or no go” delivery date soon. I’m tired of waiting for it and not pulling the trigger on other available options.

2 Likes

I recognize there is a lot of frustration around this product. I understand that it can be remarkably frustrating to see these timelines shift out farther. Looking at it from Glorious’ perspective, the last thing they want to do is push out a sub-par product to meet timelines. It’s a hard decision to disappoint all those waiting for this product, but it seems to be the position of Glorious to prioritize quality.

For those of you unwilling to continue to wait, I do believe that you can get a refund and cancel your order. While that is less than ideal, it is an option.

I hope there is some good news on the horizon.

5 Likes

Well said. While I am looking forward to getting my D Pro, after the early issues with the O2, and Glorious acknowledging the issues and being transparent about wanting this to be as problem free as possible. Especially with this being a limited run mouse, I’d prefer it be as well tested and long lasting as possible.

4 Likes

I think the frustration (for me at least) is the lack of communication. The last update posted to this thread was in November and the March update is in a different thread. I don’t mind the wait if there’s clear communication about what’s happening.

2 Likes

For all our Guild members who are asking for updates.

I apologize for the lack of communication on the Model D PRO. The MODs for the Guild are made up of a volunteer team, and we unfortunately do not know the status of products in development. We do however share your desire to be informed, and have communicated that to Glorious. It is my sincere hope that we will have an official update soon.

Thank you all for your patience

4 Likes

That is a very valid concern. And as @8-Bit_Bootcamp mentioned, we know what you know. Frustration is understandable, and voicing it here is welcome. This forum is to be a link between us and Glorious. All we ask is to keep is civil and constructive (which you have done here). Hoping for more updates soon, and hoping more-so for the mouse to pass quality checks and get into everyone’s hands!

Thanks for voicing your concern, and please feel free to continue to do so.

4 Likes