COMPLETED - Glorious Series One PRO

They look nice, but unfortunately it’s not for me. I’m a bit weird in that I like my mouse to have heft. My Logitech G502 Proteus is 153g. I’m worried my bear-paw hands would crush it like a beer can. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

FWIW: For comparison, the grip width of the Series One Pro is pretty close to the G502 (62 mm) but it’s a shorter body length than the G502 (118 mm vs 130 mm).

1 Like

Also, it would be cool if Glorious made a charging dock similar to Razers. That’s one thing I love about my Razer mouse

5 Likes

Wow. Didn’t even know there was such a thing as a charging dock.

If you couldn’t tell already, I’m relatively new to this in depth self, my young stuff used to just go “Woah… rainbow lights… buttons… I want that one!”

2 Likes

I personally don’t like making purchases without looking at reviews, so I don’t know how many items I will pick up from the Forge releases. Feels odd that Glorious would release similar mice within such a short window as well.
For some reason, I thought these launches were going to consist of things more along the lines of alternate colors for top plates and ascended cables.

6 Likes

This.

Forge releases are subject to same 30 day refund window as normal products. If its not the right one for you then you can send it back once received.

2 Likes

We’ll be rolling out a lot of different shapes, sizes, colorways and other concepts through Forge periodically. Some will be very similar, some very different. There’s a small team working on different concepts and we can’t do everything at once, so they’re going to roll out as they come

It’s also something we strongly believe that there isn’t necessarily one “endgame” mouse for every person - there could be multiple perfect mice for any one gamer. Best suggestion with Forge is not to jump into something not right for you, but also don’t be afraid to experiment with something new.

And as stated above, if its not right for you, you can always return it for a full refund if you buy through our site

2 Likes

I don’t really think that’s the issue. I don’t feel scammed, and I know the forge is new, my hope is this feedback isn’t falling on deaf ears. I’ve been a glorious supporter for some time, for the value proposition and for market shake up y’all created.

It’s easy to say there’s a 30 day window, but ask anyone in the PC community how they feel about RMAing products.

When you can watch reviews, or you’re lucky enough to live by aMicro Center you make informed decisions. People are feeling less informed with this current strategy. All the weights and measurements aren’t important without a trusted opinion, or ahands on experience.

Even traditional group buys manage to get review samples out, and usually before the buy starts. Sadly in this instance, the bane of the keeb community, long, shady group buys, still manage to throw some products out to Badseed, Betty, Hipyo, etc.

3 Likes

I’m not sure how you would go about doing it, but would Glorious be able to make review videos for Forge items? I don’t feel like it would be feasible to get samples out for reviewers, but I think it would help a lot if Glorious was able to provide a video of the Forge items and discussed things like base specs and how the items are unique.

4 Likes

I agree. And a lot of other companies should also consider doing this. If I wanted to order a pre - release without knowing anything, and it being completely different, I would be kind of bummed out. It’s the same way a blind date works, and then you end up not liking the person and have to spend the next 2 hours with them.

1 Like

It’s super convenient, when you’re done playing just put the mouse on the dock, or while you’re watching a YouTube video etec. Alot faster and easier then plugging it in.

What I have
Razer DeathAdder v2 Pro Gaming Mouse + Free Mouse Charging Dock Chroma Gaming Mouse Bundle https://a.co/d/4M9ec57

1 Like

Thanks for the link!

I just think it would save everyone’s time and money if we got the option to switch rather than waiting months to get a mouse we have to send back. All of this could have been avoided had they released at the same time and we were able to pick what best suited our preference

3 Likes

I have a G502 wireless with a dock from Amazon. It’s exactly how you describe. I haven’t been using it because i’ve been testing other mice, but It’s never without a charge, and it’s as simple as throwing it on the dock when it’s not in use. It’s probably one of the most overlooked features, and the hardest to live without after using it. My next easiest would be the Ninjutso Katana Superlight, with it’s magnetic charging cord. It’s pretty easy to just wave it at the cable when your session is over.

2 Likes

It’s exactly what QwertyKeys did with the QK65. They sent out review samples, and started their groupbuy after the videos had time to be made and launched. I don’t imagine they send any products to full manufacture without some samples first. At the very least the Company has to know what they’re selling before collecting money. You’d have a hard time convincing me that there are currently no Model O Pros in existence, and this new mouse also.

I have a great relationship with a small company in the fighting game community, and they have provided me with pre production products for testing and review. So i’d have to believe there is the possibility to do reviews prior to the GB launches. They at least have enough product to make teaser trailers, they could be renders, but I doubt it. Just my two cents.

Whats the price, and when is model D coming to the forge ?

I agree. The release cadence for the last couple of products is too fast and doesn’t give the last product time to mature or be vetted by the consumer public. With little to no time for good consumer reviews and usage, it’s more of a gamble than anything.

This is one of the main reasons why I passed on the Model O Pro – No reviews, no consumer feedback, and no real technical information to gauge it by. If not for my previous experience with the Model O Wireless and its large dimensions, I would not have known to pass on the Model O Pro for similar reasons.

If Glorious is going to release new products with this method, then they need more time between the release of the product when it is actually in the consumer’s hands. While I trust Glorious to make quality products, I need real-world usage to help inform me of whether a product is worth the purchase for me.

One thing that doesn’t impress me as a strong selling point is the weight. I have used countless mice over the years and come to realize that once you get to 60-65g, anything below that offers minimal improvement and is just a sales gimmick. I’m currently maining a Pwnage Ultra Custom Symm 2 with the honeycomb shell and it is as light as a feather to the point where I can barely feel its weight. If it were 10g lighter it would probably feel nonexistent which would cause issues in gaming because you need a specific sense of weight for the sake of perception. Without enough weight, your hand/eye coordination gets thrown off because you can’t feel the mouse as it moves, making it hard to gauge where it is physically on the mousepad.

For me, the optimal weight is 60-65g which gives me just enough weight to sense the location of the mouse without impeding my speed and accuracy.

4 Likes

The Series One PRO | Vidar.

The mice will feature a new shape to show some profile. Shorter than a Model O-, but with a higher hump.
Purely designed for Fingertip and Claw Grip users.

Be the first to put your fingers on it:

3 Likes

Definitely understand the frustration with Forge releases!

We’re currently somewhat “split” into three brands, Glorious which will continue to offer quality products at lower pricing, Glorious Forge which is more tuned towards specific tastes and products (hence the Group Buy system, as it allows us to be more flexible with designs and gives our product designers more breathing room), and GLxA which is our lifestyle brand!

We’ll take the feedback about how the Forge releases are perceived into consideration for sure, thank you all for speaking out!

5 Likes

I appreciate the openness to feedback and the room to express these thoughts on the forum. This is uncharted waters (from my perspective) so there are bound to be hiccups. And I would like to believe all frustration felt relates to the general excitement of these prospects as people here love the glorious brand.

All of the above is specifically my view. Thanks again for keeping the dialog open!

5 Likes