COMPLETED - Glorious Fox Switches

Sorry to drag up an old thread but I figured this might be the most appropriate place for this. I finally got around to putting my Fox linear switches to use after receiving them from my Forge order, and I have a problem.

I installed them on my Keychron Q5 after having not used my Q5 in a month or two, and about 1/3rd of the Fox switches don’t register in the VIA key tester. I’ve checked them all and none have bent pins, and I’ve also checked the hot-swap sockets (no issues). Here is a screenshot of the VIA key test:

I have no idea why this is happening, the contact pads in the sockets are not pushed apart so there shouldn’t be any contact issues, and there are no bent pins that I have found. My Lynx switches worked just fine when they were installed.

Has anyone else encountered an issue like this with their Q5 or Fox switches? I’m curious to know what you all think.

(edited like 2 seconds later) - I have a PE foam sheet and aftermarket POM plate installed, so I’m going to try removing those and testing the board as it would come from Keychron (original steel plate, no PE foam).

1 Like

That unfortunate to hear. Do you have another hotswap board you can test them in to rule out the board? Keep us posted.

2 Likes

So strange! Definitely reach out to our CS team (Glorious Gaming - Support - Official Web Store) as we should have some extras on hand to replace bad switches. Looping in @Shannnon.J here too as she’ll be interested to here about this issue.

2 Likes

I’ll reach out to support and see what they think, thanks Mil :slight_smile:

2 Likes